9 January 2011

Day 14: party hard

A less than active day, made possible by having been drinking until 3:00 the evening before. Sleeping on a friend's air mattress, I woke at one stage to find that it had gone completely flat because I had failed to close the valve properly.

Waking at 9:00, I had a relaxed late breakfast (by the time we got there) with my friend, her partner and her partner's mother in a cafe around the corner from my friend's house. The effort had clearly taken its toll, as I was ready for sleep by about 13:00.

White Guy, my friend's big white bundle of strangeness. Very adorable though.

Waking at 15:30 and then heading into the centre of Melbourne, I caught up with another friend, before we then met up with others later on and undertook a hard night of boozing and bar hopping, pausing only to eat at a Chinese restaurant (with additional alcohol consumption, naturally). We knocked back drink after drink - beer, cider, cocktails, maybe even some shots as well.

After a drunken conversation with a Somali tax driver about his music, I staggered through my friend's door just after 4:00.

As you may have noticed, not a single kilometre of scootering today. Even mechanical friends deserve a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment